You all need to get a grip

Prophets who made predictions include the Mayans, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, Web Bot, I Ching, Hopi Prophecies, Bible Codes and more.

You all need to get a grip

Postby ann » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 pm

I've had religious preachers that usually knock at my door and watched all the sandwich board guys and laughed, but this has nothing to do with a comet. Why do you think we are having all this weird changing weather and earthquakes? It's because our earth's rotation is slowing down. In simple terms the sun is erupting massively which will cause our north and south poles to react. Again, in simple terms get a glass of water and mix it so it spins then stop it suddenly and mix it the other way. That is what is going to happen to our earth with the sea as well as enormous earthquakes, and massive electric storms. What we are witnessing now is only the build up. I'm not a religious freak, in fact i don't believe at all, sorry. I just believe it was a great man who was loved a lot and the story got out of hand. So believe me or not, but i believe the world will take on a great change. Any questions? Fire away.
ann

Re: You all need to get a grip

Postby Unbeliever » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Just one. Why do you think the Earth's rotation is slowing down, given that there is no friction in space to slow it down?
Unbeliever

Postby fuzoid » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am

ann wrote:I've had religious preachers that usually knock at my door and watched all the sandwich board guys and laughed, but this has nothing to do with a comet.

Huh?

Why do you think we are having all this weird changing weather and earthquakes? It's because our earth's rotation is slowing down.

Huh? The weird weather we're experiencing is due to the El Nino effect. And the earth quakes all the time. It's just that most are too small to notice. What happened in Chile is nothing more than the release of pent up pressure due to plate tectonics. And as Unbeliever has pointed out, there is no friction in space to slow the earth's rotation. Besides, if it were slowing down the days would be getting longer. And since that ain't happening it means the earth's rotation continues on its merry way as it has for billions of years.

In simple terms the sun is erupting massively which will cause our north and south poles to react.

Huh? First off, the sun is not massively erupting. In fact, the upcoming 11 year cycle of activity will not be as active as originally predicted. And secondly, even if the sun were spewing copious amounts of charged particles, the most we would experience is satellite and power grid interruptions and a very active aurora borealis, not a pole reversal. Or did you not mean a pole reversal? If not, what do you mean?

Again, in simple terms get a glass of water and mix it so it spins then stop it suddenly and mix it the other way. That is what is going to happen to our earth with the sea...

Uh, no, it's not! What [pseudo]science are you basing your beliefs on? I'm curious, what is going to cause the seas to flow one way, stop, then flow the other?

...as well as enormous earthquakes,...

Which are caused by plate tectonics, not charged particles from the sun.

...and massive electric storms.

Here's the problem with this theory, we're not 100% sure what causes lightening! So how can anyone predict an increase in their severity if they don't know the exact cause behind them? Anyway, I live in Texas and am witness to very intense electrical storms and I have not seen an increase in their frequency or severity.

What we are witnessing now is only the build up.

A build up to what?

I'm not a religious freak, in fact i don't believe at all, sorry. I just believe it was a great man who was loved a lot and the story got out of hand.

Why do you automatically assume religion means Christianity? There are many religions in this world. Besides, there is no historical or empirical evidence Jesus actually existed. So we are in agreement on this, it was a story that got out of hand.

So believe me or not, but i believe the world will take on a great change.

No problem, I don't. But at least you qualified that it is your belief as opposed to real events.

Any questions? Fire away.

Well, you can start with the ones I raised in the above sentences. Maybe I'll have more after you respond. BTW, huh? is a valid question. So don't ignore them. :mrgreen:

Oh, one final question. What do you mean by the title of this topic? Who needs to get a grip and why?

fuzoid
http://www.live365.com/stations/fuzoid
fuzoid

Postby NM156 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 pm

The USGS has just said that the 8.8 mag quake in Chile has actually sped the planets rotation up, while the 2004 9.1-2 Sumatra quake slowed the Earths rotation down.
NM156

Postby fuzoid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

NM156 wrote:The USGS has just said that the 8.8 mag quake in Chile has actually sped the planets rotation up, while the 2004 9.1-2 Sumatra quake slowed the Earths rotation down.

Which balances everything out! See, no problem! :lol:

In all seriousness, what you refer to is not a permanent thing nor is it even perceptible to the human observer. Did you even notice that the day shortened by 1.26 milliseconds on the day of the Chilean quake? We need extremely sensitive measuring devices to notice a slight change in the earth's rotation. Besides, if our days on planet earth were shortened by this quake, our atomic clocks would be off. And since they're not, this tells me the earth's rotation has not changed.
fuzoid

Postby NM156 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 pm

I have wondered for awhile why we had to adjust for daylight savings time a couple of years ago. What if the planet is changing as far as its axis rotation? If a large earth quake can slow down or speed up the rotation does that multiply over time or is the change fixed at the moment of the event? Earthquakes are nothing new, large quakes 8.0+ and over are a once a year occurrence on average. However the USGS says that we are in a period of above average tectonic movement that started ever since Dec, 26 2004, this is nothing especially new either. BUT what if this is just the beginning, Yellow Stone for instance has had 2 quake swarm events in 13 months, the most activity on record. They say it's nothing to worry about only to turn around and say this is a new behavior for this culdera. What if the planet has a sudden out break of large quakes, could this happen? No-one knows for sure, so I guess it could happen. I have a feeling that it is just the beginning, why? Well that would be for a different forum. I'm no fearmonger I just feel that something is off, time will tell. I hope I'm wrong, I could go for some crow. :lol:
NM156

Postby mindkind » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 pm

fuzoid wrote:
NM156 wrote:The USGS has just said that the 8.8 mag quake in Chile has actually sped the planets rotation up, while the 2004 9.1-2 Sumatra quake slowed the Earths rotation down.

In all seriousness, what you refer to is not a permanent thing nor is it even perceptible to the human observer. Did you even notice that the day shortened by 1.26 milliseconds on the day of the Chilean quake? We need extremely sensitive measuring devices to notice a slight change in the earth's rotation. Besides, if our days on planet earth were shortened by this quake, our atomic clocks would be off. And since they're not, this tells me the earth's rotation has not changed.

I do have to step in and ask how do you get that our atomic clocks would be off? Since it measures the precise microwave signal that electrons in atoms give off "it", and thus, would have nothing to do with the rotation of the planet. Puzzled minds want to know... <smirk>

Unbeliever wrote:Just one. Why do you think the Earth's rotation is slowing down, given that there is no friction in space to slow it down?

Here are some examples of how that can happen without any friction from space;
- when the air changes temperature, as in hotter, it rises and cold air rushes to replace it, when really hot, the planet can expand the equator altering spin
- when air is pushed over mountains, it creates friction, which can effect the speed in an energy trade
- when large volumes of water are displaced (added/subtracted into/out-of a different state) the center of gravity will be altered

Just my two cents
:lol:
mindkind

Postby Fool » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:35 am

I do have to step in and ask how do you get that our atomic clocks would be off? Since it measures the precise microwave signal that electrons in atoms give off "it", and thus, would have nothing to do with the rotation of the planet. Puzzled minds want to know... <smirk>

fuzoid wrote:Our atomic clocks would be off relative to the earth
Fool

Postby fuzoid » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 am

fuzoid wrote:Besides, if our days on planet earth were shortened by this quake, our atomic clocks would be off. And since they're not, this tells me the earth's rotation has not changed.
mindkind wrote:I do have to step in and ask how do you get that our atomic clocks would be off? Since it measures the precise microwave signal that electrons in atoms give off "it", and thus, would have nothing to do with the rotation of the planet. Puzzled minds want to know... <smirk>

Hey mindkind! Long time no debate!

Yeah, I realized my faux pas after mentioning the atomic clock without clarifying. I was only using it as a frame of reference... very poorly. Obviously the clock itself is not going to be off. And since the clock on my nightstand is set by the atomic clock, my clock is not off either! I was speaking specifically of the earth's rotation and our understanding of it. If it's rotation slowed as everyone is clamoring about, then it would be observable from the frame of reference of the atomic clock.

Unbeliever wrote:Just one. Why do you think the Earth's rotation is slowing down, given that there is no friction in space to slow it down?
mindkind wrote:Here are some examples of how that can happen without any friction from space;
- when the air changes temperature, as in hotter, it rises and cold air rushes to replace it, when really hot, the planet can expand the equator altering spin
- when air is pushed over mountains, it creates friction, which can effect the speed in an energy trade
- when large volumes of water are displaced (added/subtracted into/out-of a different state) the center of gravity will be altered

Just my two cents

While you are absolutely correct, to what extent has any of the above examples changed the rotation of the earth? We're only talking microseconds here. And I believe this is the point Unbeliever was trying to make when compared to all the comments of the doomsayers. To them, this is just one more sign for the end times when in reality it is nothing special. Heck, even the moon slows the earth's rotation! But since this has been known for quite some time and does not make the news, you hear nothing from the doomsayers about it. It's only when a natural disaster occurs that has a slight impact on the earth's rotation do you hear all the end timers declaring the end is nigh.
fuzoid

Postby NM156 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 pm

mindkind wrote:
fuzoid wrote:

Here are some examples of how that can happen without any friction from space;

Just my two cents

My point exactly, things have been going wacko for awhile I first noticed a change in 1994. There has been a change in our seasons, birds are laying eggs before the insect hatches arrive, when the chicks hatch there is little food for them. They must lay eggs again to catch up to the hatches of insects only to miss the peak of the hatches. Fish have also been affected by this, and stocking levels of fish have increased by as much as 80% since the mid 90's. Native Brook Trout are almost gone in my region due to high water temps and the mayfly hatches being so off. I will never believe that all this is due to the actions of man, the changes have simply been too fast, only nature could do such a thing. So I do have a grip on what is going on and I have noticed a huge impact on nature and we have already seen to results in our food prices and quality. Einstein said that if the honey bees disappear man has 4 years. The honey bees have been hit hard, no-one knows for sure why but they are leaning towards Climate Change. This is yet another reason that has me convinced that this planet is preparing for a drastic change. Man may have only shortened the time for his own survival, through his ignorance in accepting the words of the greedy. "Just ignore your natural instincts they are wrong, oil is the only way to save jobs and economies". "No go green, it's the only way to save the planet and our way of life". I'm sorry to say this but our lives as we knew them are in the past, no more prosperity for all, as if that ever happened anyway, the odds are simply against us. You can call me negative, but I see myself as a realistic minded person. If all the money becomes as valuable as the match that burns it, if gold becomes as worthless as tin-foil, will we then understand how big the sacred lie was. Will we then accept that we are ONE in the same. Time will tell, my one hope is that I am wrong and that others are wrong. Maybe GOD will come to save us from that which we can't control, but I don't see God through the eyes of any religion, I see a creator who can only do so much. It has been written that man has a will that can not be interfered with by any GOD. So perhaps we can alter our fates, this would require something very extraordinary, and man is capable of such things.
NM156

Next

Return to Predictions